Monday 16 January 2012

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome to My New blog


This blog will be following my New Years Resolution of   "No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in 2012 Challenge" and how I deal with all the temptations and offers that always seem to be lurking.  I would love to know how you lot do as well if you chose to do the same resolution.


To view what I have used up so far the list on the top will show it.  I will update this every time I use something up.


Here are some helpful tips from a friends blog (http://victorias-vintage.blogspot.com/2011/12/no-buying-unnecessary-toiletries-in.html): 





Here's the aim:
"No buying any new toiletries, cosmetics, perfume etc until I have used up all the ones I already have."

And here's some helpful tips from the forum:
  • Do a stock-take and see if there are any gaps in your stash that you might need to spend on this month
  • Set a budget for the month for essential purchases or to help with withdrawal symptoms
  • List everything so you can cross things off as they are used to increase the sense of achievement
  • Put a sum of money in a pot each time you use up an item to save for something you really want
  • Remember the challenge is about making the most of your money, enjoying your products, finding which products really suit you best and are worth buying, giving yourself a well-deserved pampering and breaking the habit of buying for the sake of buying.
  • It helps to avoid the places where temptation lurks: Boots, Bodyshop, the supermarket toiletries aisles, seductive department store beauty counter offers etc.
  • Remember retailers make offers and promotions all the time, so there willl always be another deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment